Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Our first Saint Patrick's Day as I & I Brewing has arrived. Jacqui told me I needed to make a green beer. I told her that is not gonna happen (at least not with green dye). However,  in order to celebrate St Pats, I prepared a special beer for the day: Corned Beef and Cabbage Stout. Yeah, I know it sounds messed up but I have been wanting to make a "savory" beer so this was a good opportunity. Salt, pepper, beef bullion and cabbage all in the boil. Not enough to make it overpowering, just a hint of all the flavors at the back. Come give it a try today as we only made a very small amount of it (even I thought it might be horrific).




Please, be safe today and if you are out drinking take a designated driver with you.


-Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment